Diversity is not limited to gender, sexual orientation, or skin tone
How can I create a truly inclusive corporate culture?
Our Spot On Insurance team personally understands the unique challenges that often face women, persons of color, and other marginalized groups in the insurance industry. As a diverse society, it’s no surprise that potential customers, investors, and employees want to see their faces and values reflected in the workplace. Today, most companies have adopted — or are actively working to create — diversity and inclusion initiatives. The ultimate goal of these programs is to combat the systemic social issues that have resulted in historical under-representation. Despite good intentions, however, many businesses fall short of successfully implementing such initiatives.
You’ll learn how to transform your recruiting and hiring processes to reach a wider range of talented candidates. You’ll also learn how to communicate effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds to determine what they want from their insurance careers and how to create a pathway to help them achieve those goals. Finally, you’ll discover how creating a truly inclusive corporate culture can drive innovation and improve your bottom line.
SOI’s Diversity & Inclusion resources are perfect for you if you’ve ever asked:
- Why do I keep hitting an invisible ceiling in my insurance career?
- Where can I find talented people to staff my insurance agency?
- Isn’t finding someone “who fits” in the key to a successful hire?
- What can I do to help employees from diverse backgrounds work together effectively?
- How can I protect my business from discrimination lawsuits?