Adedamola “Damola” Oloko is the co-host of the InsurTech Business Series podcast, the leading insurance podcast in Nigeria where they have in-depth discussion and reviews about trends, opportunities, and industry challenges. He holds a Masters degree in Mass Communications with over five years of sales experience in the insurance industry. Damola’s passion for tech and insurance has made him develop an innovative mindset that ultimately led to him starting the podcast following insurtech trends.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Damola joins us to discuss the potential market in Africa and how large companies can penetrate their economy. He describes what a typical Millennial African’s life is like and their mindset towards adaptability and technology. He shares where he discovered his passion to work in insurance and how Spot On Insurance inspired him to start his own podcast. He explains what audiences can expect from their upcoming InsurTech Business Series event. Damola also describes how he manages to see the silver linings despite all that happened this year.
What you’ll learn:
- How Damola learned about the Spot on Insurance podcast.
- What it’s like being a Millennial in Africa.
- How Damola found himself working in the insurance industry.
- The insurtech trends in the African market.
- How companies can penetrate the African market better.
- How the typical African looks at retirement and insurance.
- Why Damola started his insurtech podcast and the knowledge gap he wants to fill.
- What to expect from the Insurtech Business Series conference.
- How Damola has been keeping himself optimistic in 2020.
- Generally, the penetration of insurance in Africa is just 3%.
- Companies should engage in conversations with those who follow them.
- Succession planning is still too early for the African market.