Tim Metzner is the Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of Coterie, a company that promises to help insurance agents quote and issue policies in minutes. They have a tech-based approach to business insurance that utilizes data-driven automation which helps provide accurate and affordable coverage without the hassle. Tim has over 20 years of experience working with various startups, wearing the shoes of a director, vice president, as well as a startup investor.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Tim joins us to discuss how entrepreneurship can be a force for good and why he believes we will coexist with technology instead of technology replacing humanity. He explains the problem in small commercial insurance and how Coterie solves this issue. He highlights ways an agent might use the platform and the type of data it can automate. Tim also shares the importance of building a strong team culture and the value of listening to your front office teams to improve your business.
What you’ll learn:
- Why Tim didn’t like working in the corporate world
- How entrepreneurship can be a force for good
- Tim’s views on co-existing with technology
- The problems Tim believes are an issue in the commercial insurance space
- Why we sold ILSA to ResourcePro
- Why small commercial insurance can be a complex industry
- Tim’s sources of data and how an agent can use them
- The culture Tim created at Differential and Coterie
- Listening to your team members to improve your business systems
- You can make your own path in this technological world.
- Listening to your frontline is vital to a business.