Danny Lee is the President of SDB Missionary Society, an organization led by Seventh Day Baptist missionaries, and a known expert in the world of claims adjusting. He is the author of the book The Art of Property Claims Adjusting: Techniques on How to be a Great Adjuster, where Danny shares his common-sense approach to property claims adjusting and how to be the best in this business. He has over 33 years of experience in multi-line claims, 25 of those years as a leader in the insurance industry. Danny is also a screenplay writer, having written several screenplays including Beneath the Rivers, Park & Ride, and The Unthinkable.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Danny joins us to share how a new claims adjuster can rise to become one of the best in the industry. He shares where his passion for adjusting came from and why he believes insurance professionals should be adjusters first. He discusses the difference between a new adjuster and someone with years of experience in the field. He explains why adjusters often leave the industry and what companies should do to keep them. He also discusses some of the shortcomings of most adjusters today and what they can do to improve.
What you’ll learn:
- Danny’s experience with helping his father who worked in insurance.
- Why property claims adjusting is Danny’s passion.
- Why insurance professionals should start as adjusters.
- The critical techniques most adjusters need to learn in their business.
- How a new adjuster often handles a claim compared to an experienced adjuster.
- What new adjusters should never forget when it comes to customer experience.
- How insurance companies can keep adjusters from moving on to other industries.
- Areas Danny believes most adjusters can improve.
- Why claims adjusters function as estimators.
- The advantages of new technologies in the adjusting industry.
- What’s next for Danny as an author and speaker.
- What it was like to be on a 5-month cruise.
- How COVID-19 affected Danny and his family.
- Employees leave not because of the company, but because of their boss.
- An agent should always know the difference between confidence and arrogance.
- Adjusters oftentimes encounter clients who are filing claims for the first time in their lives.
Connect with Danny:
- SDB Missionary Society
- Danny Lee’s Official Website
- Book: The Art of Property Claims Adjusting: Techniques on How to be a Great Adjuster