Steve Watson is a CFO, a licensed Chief Humans Resources Officer, and the Founder of Trendbreakers, a company that advises employers on how to reduce their employee health insurance costs. Trendbreakers is composed of employees with backgrounds in Finance, Human Resources, and Benefits Advising. As CFO, he has helped his company enjoy over $500,000.00 per year of benefits savings with a 20% discount for his employees despite retaining or having better benefits. Steve also offers one-on-one coaching services to help with benefits and renewals.
In today’s episode, Steve Watson shares why the cost of employee healthcare is rising and how his company can help employers mitigate some of those expenses. He describes his life growing up in a rural city, his time in the financial industry, and when he joined the insurance industry. He explains why he founded Trendbreakers and their goals as a company. Steve also discusses how companies can build the best employee insurance plans without cutting benefits.
What you’ll learn:
- Steve’s career in finance and when he joined the insurance industry.
- What Steve’s life was like growing up in a rural city.
- How Steve and his family weathered the Crash of 2008.
- How companies can help mitigate the rising costs of employee healthcare expenses.
- Steve’s thoughts on what advisors should do to help businesses improve employee relationships.
- Why CFOs and HR departments need to work together in creating insurance plans.
- The CFO, HR, and a broker or advisor are the key people in creating the best insurance plan for employees.