Ep. 216: Bridging Technical & Claims Expertise Gap
Patrick Kelahan is a Building and Insurance Consultant at H2M, a company that provides multi-disciplinary consulting and design services focusing on engineering, architectural, and environmental challenges. He specializes in insurance claims and consultations for those in the InsurTech industry, including insurtech startups. He is also experienced in property insurance appraisal, staff training, and regulatory compliance. Patrick’s professional goal is to continuously improve the impact he has on customers and his community.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Patrick joins us to share his thoughts on the InsurTech industry, its future, and how it can help those in need in the US and internationally. He describes the circumstances that led him to join the insurance industry, the insurance industries in underdeveloped nations, and what the industry can do better to serve those who need insurance. He explains why the value of insurance is more about trust than education and how the pandemic worsened the supply chain the industry has been having. Patrick also shares a glimpse of some of the upcoming projects at H2M, especially those involving 3D printing houses for the community.
“Once you realize your little piece can help people dramatically, it puts an urgency on what you’re doing.”Patrick Kelahan
What you’ll learn:
- Patrick’s experience in construction and the US Government Disaster Program.
- Why Patrick and his wife decided to adopt several children.
- How Patrick started working in the insurance industry and where his passion comes from.
- Why Insurtech isn’t just one thing and how it’s akin to an elephant.
- How insurance is the primary driver of everything that makes money.
- Getting insurance to people living in underserved countries.
- Why the value of insurance starts with trust before education.
- The effect of COVID-19 on the supply chain and Patrick’s thoughts on stimulus checks.
- Patrick’s thoughts on the H2M project and the potential it possesses.
- You innovate from the customer backwards.
- The future of housing includes 3D printers.