Michael Aberle is the Senior Vice President of US and Canadian Program Development & Education at CannGen Insurance Services. CannGen Insurance Services provides a wide range of insurance packages to protect growers in the cannabis industry. He is also the Executive Producer at MyCECourse, a multimedia educational platform for professional growth and compliance. Michael is skilled in Sales, Marketing, and Risk Management.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Today, Michael joins us to discuss the cannabis industry and how their company wants to insure growers. He shares the various interests he’s had throughout his life and what made him decide to choose a career in insurance. He describes the profitability of the cannabis industry and its projected marketing outlook. He also explains why some banks are still hesitant when it comes to investing in this industry and some of the benefits of partnering with them.
What you’ll learn:
- Michael’s life story and how he ended up where he is today.
- His interest in forensic pathology and the other different hats he wore.
- What it was like discussing the formation of a company that focuses on cannabis.
- The challenges in organizing this type of company and its subsequent growth.
- What makes their services unique in both the cannabis and insurance industry.
- How the marijuana landscape changed in the last decade and what to expect in the future.
- The Motor Truck Cargo policy and how it helps with the cash issue.
- The reason banks aren’t joining the cannabis bandwagon.
- His experience with clients in the cannabis industry and the type of claims they had.
- People didn’t recognize cannabis insurance as a viable industry until the money was stabilized