Donald Riggin is an accomplished author, speaker, and the President of Art of Captives, LLC, a company whose business involves alternative risk financing techniques. He also provides public and corporate sector clients with advanced risk financing advice and services. His services include alternative risk facility implementation, review services, and captive and self-insurance feasibility analysis.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Donald joins me to share his knowledge of captive insurance compliance. He explains how to be compliant, his recommendations for beginners, and the risks and rewards of having a captive.
What you’ll learn:
- What is a captive insurance?
- What domiciles are and what constitutes a domicile?
- What he recommends when forming a captive for the first time.
- The unique compliance requirements for captive insurance.
- The role of agents and brokers.
- Advantages and disadvantages of being a captive.
- The major differences between Offshore vs Onshore domiciles.
- Offshore domiciles will do almost anything as long as you convince them you know what you’re doing.
Connect with Donald
- (978) 594-8762