Ep. 252: Client Retention Starts with Claims Experience
John Bachmann is the Vice President of Client Relations at Norwood Insurance Agency, a full-service independent insurance agency serving individuals, families, and businesses since 1868. John’s role as Vice President is to ensure clients and their respective adjusters are adequately protected and served. He is also the author of the recently published book Successful Adjuster’s Playbook: The Secret Skills for Providing the Best Claims Experience, where he writes about everything a new and veteran adjuster should know about their role in the industry.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
John joins us to discuss the best practices in client retention – especially from the claims and adjusting perspective. He shares his experience as a sports coach and how it affected his career in insurance and the one claim that made him realize he loved his job. He explains why he believes soft skills should be called hard skills and describes the soft skills that bring the best out of any claims professional. John also discusses how the pandemic shifted the industry’s perspective, especially from the claims point of view.
“The only thing we’re selling as insurance professionals is: if something really bad happens, we promise to be there.”John Bachmann
What you’ll learn:
- John’s favorite hobbies and sports teams
- How John started his insurance career and his experience in claims processing
- How his coaching experience affected his career in insurance
- The legacy claim that made him passionate about insurance
- Why soft skills are some of the most complex skills to learn
- Changing the perception that the claims department is a claims center
- The critical skills that differentiate a claims professional
- Mastering the Big 3 skills in insurance
- The impact of COVID-19 on insurance claims
- Having coaching experience can enable you to be competitive in any industry.
- Soft skills are some of the most difficult skills to learn.
Connect with John:
- Norwood Insurance
- Book: Successful Adjuster’s Playbook: The Secret Skills for Providing the Best Claims Experience (IA Playbook)
- IA Path
- John Bachmann on LinkedIn