Philip Charles-Pierre is the CEO of Semsee, a technology company focused on digitizing the slow and manual process of getting commercial insurance for small- and medium-sized businesses. Semsee is working towards partnering with other insurance tools designed to help agents and their respective clients. Before becoming CEO of Semsee, Philip was SVP of Distribution for Smarter Agent, a real estate company. He holds a Master’s degree in Philosophy of Religion from Harvard University and volunteers on the External Board for UNC-Chapel Hill Sonja Stone Center.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Philip joins us to share how Semsee optimizes the agent-client experience. He shares why he wanted to become a politician and what made him choose a career in insurance. He explains why agents will always be relevant in the insurance industry and describes how Semsee plans to use client data to make the insurance process as seamless as possible. Philip also shares why having more business means more opportunities to solve problems.
What you’ll learn:
- Philip’s ties in Haiti and his political aspirations as a child
- Why Philip enjoys the insurance industry
- The importance of agents in the insurance buying process
- How the role of agents needs to adapt in today’s market
- What sets their company apart from the competition
- The power of data and how to properly utilize it
- Why having more business means more problems to solve
- The insurance industry is stable and recession-proof
- Today, the agent distribution is more critical than ever.
- Insurance is all about relationships.