Kirsten Bay is the CEO of Cysurance, a company that provides affordable cyber insurance to small businesses and their partners. They cover any form of cybercrime, from privacy breaches and identity theft to system damages. Kirsten has over 25 years of experience in risk intelligence, policy expertise, and information management. Some of her notable achievements include being appointed to congressional committees to develop cyber policies and provide recommendations for The White House energy policy.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Kirsten joins us today to share how Cysurance can act as your company’s personal Cyber Coach. She describes scenarios where cybercrime can put a company at risk and how Cysurance can help with that in short notice. She explains how her company works, the systems they have in place, and the services they guarantee to clients. Kirsten also discusses blockchain and how it can affect the cybersecurity landscape.
What you’ll learn:
- Kirsten’s dream career as a child and how it impacted her career choice as she got older.
- The different companies she’s worked with.
- The financial impact of cyber risk.
- How the industry has innovated to reduce cybercrime.
- How technology enabled new skill sets to be learned.
- The unique way Cysurance is helping businesses.
- Why cybercrime can cost America billions of dollars.
- Why their system is user-friendly and can be used at home.
- Why ransomware victims shouldn’t try to act by themselves.
- Examples of how their cybersecurity services work.
- Blockchain and how they can provide cybersecurity
Connect with Kirsten
- It’s very difficult to anticipate what criminals are going to do.
- We don’t really know the true value of our companies.
- The data question is becoming the ultimate question because everything sits underneath it