Laura Adams is a personal finance and business expert, author, speaker, and podcast host. As a finance expert, she specializes in personal finance and small business management, retirement, debt, credit, and money management. She is the author of Money-Smart Solopreneur: A Personal Finance System for Freelancers, Entrepreneurs, and Side-Hustlers, where she talks about riding the wave of solopreneurship using her book as a roadmap. Her most recently published book is Debt-Free Blueprint, a guide on how to rid your life of debt in the right order. Laura is also the host of the Money Girl podcast, a weekly show covering personal finance topics such as debt, insurance, and retirement.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Laura joins us to discuss how people can learn to manage their finances at any age and be debt-free by the time they retire. She shares her passion for entrepreneurship and how it eventually led to becoming an expert in money management. She describes how her podcast got started and what inspired her to start one. She explains why insurance is difficult to buy and why having a lot of money doesn’t translate to financial freedom. Laura also shares what readers can expect from the Debt-Free Blueprint book.
“If you don’t understand money; if you don’t take an interest in it, how can you ever succeed?”Laura Adams
What you’ll learn:
- Laura’s life in the South and how she found her passion for entrepreneurship.
- Why academic intelligence does not correlate with financial intelligence.
- When Laura started her podcast and why she launched the Money Girl show.
- When Laura realized she can help people understand their money better.
- Why Laura believes people are struggling with money management.
- How parents can help their children learn about personal finance.
- Why insurance is something people have difficulty buying.
- The response Laura received from the people she helped and those who listened to her show.
- How you can make a habit of investing and adopting it as a lifestyle.
- How to determine which debts to go after first.
- The best way to learn and grow your self-confidence in public speaking.
- Insurance is something we all have to buy, but would rather not use.
- Teaching children how to manage their money sets them up for long-term financial success.
Connect with Laura:
- Official Website
- Laura Adams on Facebook
- Laura Adams on Twitter
- Laura Adams on LinkedIn
- Money Girl Podcast
- Book: Money-Smart Solopreneur: A Personal Finance System for Freelancers, Entrepreneurs, and Side-Hustlers
- Book: Debt-Free Blueprint: How to Get Out of Debt and Build a Financial Life You Love