Lisa Rehburg is the President of Rehburg Life Insurance Settlements. Rehburg Life Insurance Settlements is a company that aims to help people benefit from life insurance policies they no longer want or need. She has over 30 years of experience working in the insurance and financial industry. Lisa is also a featured speaker in various events and organizations, including NAIFA and the Palm Desert Chamber of Commerce.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Today, Lisa joins us to share her passion for helping seniors be relieved of their unwanted life insurance policies as well as debunk some of the myths surrounding it. She describes what her life was like growing up in a machine shop and how she got started in the insurance industry. She explains why life insurance settlements are legal and cites examples of real-world scenarios. Lisa also discusses some of the reasons why people choose to sell their life insurance policies.
What you’ll learn:
- Lisa’s experience growing up in a machine shop.
- Her childhood, academic path, and how she landed in the insurance industry.
- Why hundreds of thousands of seniors let their life insurance policies lapse annually.
- Debunking the prevailing myths regarding selling life insurance policies.
- Why life insurance settlements are not illegal and are well regulated.
- Examples of life insurance settlements.
- Why she enjoys speaking at many associations and events.
- The challenges she faced on her way to the insurance world.
- A life insurance policy is an asset that can be transferred to whomever you want.
- Life insurance settlements have been legal since 1911.
- 99% of the time, term policies need to be convertible or it might not sell.
- Selling a life insurance policy through a settlement can be a great way to make a charitable donation.
Connect with Lisa
- Ep. 87: Surplus Lines – The Power Player in the Market
- Upcoming Events for Lisa
- Palm Desert Chamber of Commerce