Nikolaus Suhr is the CEO and Co-Founder of KASKO, an insurtech company that offers an agile insurance product powered by API. They promise to make sure your IT empowers you and your business instead of being the one thing that holds your systems setup back. He comes from a family of insurers, allowing him to have a heart for the insurance industry from a young age. Nikolaus also has over a decade of experience working with insurance brokers and has served in critical roles in business development, risk management, and startup consultation.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Nikolaus joins us to discuss how KASKO can help companies scale fast through insurance service optimization. He discusses what inspired him to join the insurance industry, his family history of insurers, and why he decided to start KASKO. He describes why insurance is still primarily a sales game despite the number of new technologies and tools currently available and explains why partnering with other companies fast-tracked their company growth. He also shares the niche they want to fill in the industry and what KASKO offers regarding on-time insurance delivery.
What you’ll learn:
- How young Nick was when his entrepreneurial spirit started.
- The reservations he had when he was being groomed to run their family business.
- The strategies he developed to get where he is today.
- Why insurtech is mostly about sales and knocking on doors.
- Why Nick decided to start KASKO.
- Why partnering with insurers allowed their company to grow.
- How a company can customize their services without being niche.
- Why it was brilliant for their company to attract US clients who want to do business in Europe.
- What’s in store for KASKO in the near future?
- The cost of delivering insurance at the right point in time is very high.
- There’s so much tech out there, but it’s about getting the word out and making those partnerships.