Désirée Mettraux is the CEO of OCC Asseskuradeur, a German-based company that offers insurance plans for vehicles with a focus on classic cars. She has extensive experience in the insurance industry, even before joining OCC, working with several motor vehicle insurance products. Her focus is on digital business and has mentored various startups in the digital realm. Désirée also provides consulting services for the online classic vehicle trading platform, “Classic Trader.”
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
In today’s episode, Désirée shares what OCC does and why they decided to focus on classic car insurance. She describes her childhood and her career as a startup mentor. She explains the importance of adapting to the digital generation and how old companies can streamline this process. Désirée also discusses gender issues in the workplace, especially in executive positions, and shares advice to those who want to start their career in insurance.
What you’ll learn:
- Who Desiree Mettraux is, her family, and career milestones.
- What Desiree’s youth was like and what it was like being a student n Switzerland.
- What OCC is and what they seek to do as a company.
- The challenges they encountered when it comes to implementing car insurance services.
- How they are adopting digital technology within the workplace to adapt to the younger generation.
- Desiree’s thoughts on how the insurance industry needs to be customer-centric.
- The new technologies Desiree is looking forward to seeing.
- How they are addressing gender-based issues of leadership in startups.
- The pros and cons of being a female leader in any company.
- It’s important to see the industry from the perspective of a customer.
- Hard work always pays off, no matter what industry