Jeff Harris is a Co-Founder and the President of Appulate, an insurtech company that promotes digital insurance distribution between carriers and their retail partners. Currently, over 80,000 agency locations use Appulate for renewals and applications. Jeff helped create Appulate when he realized automation was becoming a need more than a want in insurance. He also has extensive expertise in all things insurance, digital distribution, staff augmentation, and recruitment.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Jeff joins us to discuss what Appulate is, its services, and how it streamlines the agent experience. He describes where his entrepreneurial passion started and what inspired him to start Appulate. He explains how the pandemic affected their business,how they continued to work with clients, and the changes they have made since the pandemic. He shares the future of independent agents and how they threaten established agencies. Jeff also describes some of the silver linings of the pandemic, particularly on appreciating Mother Nature.
What you’ll learn:
- How supportive Jeff’s family was of his entrepreneur dreams
- How Jeff was introduced to the insurance industry
- Is it easier to be an entrepreneur in insurance today?
- The problems most agency management systems have
- How Apulate improves the agent experience
- The time-saving benefit of using their system
- How the pandemic impacted Jeff’s team and how they continued working with clients
- Bootstrapping as an entrepreneur and its advantages during a down-turn
- The future of agencies and insurance entrepreneurship
- How the gig economy will pressure the insurance industry
- How the pandemic benefited people from a lifestyle perspective
- Today’s industry is more complex, especially with how fast technology changes.
- The insurance industry has aged tremendously and it’s looking for younger workers.