Darren Lossia is a licensed attorney, claims professional, and the creator of Direct Claim Solution. Direct Claim Solution is a platform that provides services to people handling property or casualty claims. He is also the Director of Risk Management Services at Innovative Computer Systems, Inc., Direct Claim Solution’s parent company. Darren obtained a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Michigan, a Master’s degree in Management from Walsh College of Accountancy, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Management from Albion College.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Today, Darren joins us to share his passion for innovating the insurance industry through software development. He describes his life journey and what made him decide to pursue a career in insurance. He explains his role in the company and the projects he spearheads. Darren also discusses some of the challenges he encountered in his career and how he overcame them.
What you’ll learn:
- Darren’s story, his interests, and what lead him to where he is today.
- The reason he went back to school and his achievements.
- His role as a claims manager and what his routine is like.
- What he learned during his time as a team manager.
- Why consumers drive the innovative solutions that companies provide.
- The challenges he encountered in developing software.
- The markets they aim to help with their software.
- What the Finys Insurance Suite is all about.
- His advice to newcomers in the industry.
- The longer you’ve been in the industry, the smaller it gets.
- In this industry, you have to go through the grinder to put all the pieces together.