Jason Andrew is the CEO of Limelight Health, a company that helps insurance providers automate and streamline sales through their platform. He has over 20 years of experience in executive management and leadership and was named one of 30 innovators to watch in 2019. Before founding Limelight, Jason held vice president and CEO positions in various tech companies throughout Silicon Valley.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Jason joins us today to discuss what Limelight can do to innovate the way insurance is sold and used by both sellers and buyers. He describes how he found success in Silicon Valley, why he’s passionate about working in the insurance industry, and what inspired him to become an entrepreneur. He explains how Limelight works and the automated services it provides. Jason also shares what he wants to see in new startups, how best to innovate the industry, and shares his advice to people that are thinking about starting a career in the insurance industry.
What you’ll learn:
- How Jason changed his life for the better and when he started his career in insurance.
- Why he loves working in the insurance industry.
- When Jason started thinking about becoming his own boss.
- The trends he saw take place in the previous year.
- Why the insurance industry is slow-moving in terms of innovation.
- How the Limelight Health platform works and how carriers will benefit.
- The benefits and drawbacks of scaling a startup with outside funding.
- Jason’s plans on working with other groups and startups.
- Advice to new professionals starting in the insurance industry.
- For the first time over the last five years, there’s been more money going into insurance than there ever has been.
- Pain is necessary on the way to success