Aaron Gordon is the Vice President of Gordon Companies – Insurance Services. Gordon Companies specializes in risk management and has been in the insurance business since 1968. Aaron represents the second generation of the company, with his father being its founder. His responsibilities include managing agency relationships, working on day-to-day activities of various groups, and supervising claim data and the company’s management systems.
Today, Aaron joins us to share what it’s like to be part of a large family-run business and how it all started. He shares his humble beginnings and what piqued his interest in the insurance industry. He discusses the benefits and drawbacks of managing a family business. Aaron also explains some of their company’s upcoming plans for branching out and offering new services to their clients.
What you’ll learn:
- What Aaron’s life was like growing up and how he entered the insurance industry.
- The highs and lows of managing a family business.
- Why he doesn’t want to push his kids into managing the business.
- His personal goal for his parents and their family business.
- What he does to take their agency to the next level.
- The areas he is responsible for, but his parents haven’t worked on.
- How he got the CAPI Certification and what it means to be CAPI certified.
- Upcoming plans for branching out and new service offerings.
- Sometimes the weird things are creative things. Doing what everyone else does won’t make you stand out.
- Those who think that technology is the answer to everything is taking the wrong path.
- If you force your kid to come into your business, there’s no way it will work.
- The hardest thing is probably being a spouse of someone who works in a family business.