Adi Kaimowitz is the President and CEO of Virtual Actuary, a company that aims to lead the future of work by disrupting the traditional approach to hiring in-house actuaries. They promise to match or exceed quality levels of fixed staff, all the while reducing costs. Adi has over ten years of experience in the actuarial industry, with his previous career as an actuary recruiter. His years of experience allowed him to specialize in marketing, IT, operations, leadership development, and management consulting. Adi has also garnered more than a handful of accolades, including being nominated for Founder of the Year in various business awards in South Africa since 2019.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Adi joins us to discuss how Virtual Actuary represents the future of employment and providing services. He shares his journey to becoming a leader in actuarial sciences and discusses how COVID-19 disrupted the economy and the industry and forced them to adopt new ways to stay in business. Adi describes what the future of work would look like and how the gig economy plays into it. He explains the significance of building credibility, whether as an individual talent or as a startup. He shares the mindset of an industry disruptor and why he calls them “the lone ranger” of the industries they are disrupting. Adi also describes some of the accolades he has received and how his team financially performed in 2020.
“We are moving away from the ‘corporate brand’ world to the ‘you as a brand’ world.”Adi Kaimowitz
What you’ll learn:
- The struggles and advantages of working virtually.
- What led Adi to pursue a career in actuarial sciences?
- How COVID-19 forced companies to think outside the box.
- What Adi believes the future of work would look like.
- Why the industry was slowly transitioning to virtual work before the pandemic.
- Building your credibility factor as an expert in your field.
- The gig economy and how it’s changing the future of work.
- How to best embrace the new world of work.
- Consortiums and how they would shape the way workers are paid.
- What’s the mindset of an industry disruptor?
- Adi’s tips for startups when competing against established firms.
- What it means to establish credibility as a startup.
- Adi’s accolades and what he works for to distinguish himself.
- How Adi and his team weathered the economic recession.
- Accolades end when you’re so influential that you can make the world a better place.
- Being a startup means it’s all about your credibility factor.