Jessica Thayer is the Financial Services Practice Leader and Senior Vice President at Starkweather & Shepley, a company that specializes in many types of insurance programs such as affinity groups, alternative risk solutions, transportation, construction, and education. Jessica specializes in the financial and professional lines of insurance including Network Security & Privacy and Professional Liability. Before joining Starkweather & Shepley, she served as Senior Vice President for Liftman Insurance and Marsh.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Jessica joins us today to discuss cybersecurity and how this affects the type of insurance recommended to businesses. She shares real-world scenarios concerning hacking, data breaches, phishing, and other forms of cybersecurity threats. She also describes the evolution of cybersecurity issues and their resulting counter-measures as well as shares tips for those who want to work in the insurance industry.
What you’ll learn:
- Why Jessica switched from trying to be a dentist to working in the insurance industry.
- The companies she’s worked with over the course of her career.
- Cybersecurity issues, data breach stats, and the solutions companies can utilize.
- Cybersecurity insurance, how it works, and why businesses need it.
- Real-world data breach scenarios, how they happened, and the aftermath.
- Cyber extortion and the various ways you can fight or prevent it.
- Cybersecurity concerns regarding the podcasting industry.
- Regulations in cybersecurity and what agents need to know.
- Current developments in cybersecurity and what we can look forward to.
- Regardless of operating system, cyber security is always going to be a risk if you’re not prepared.