Christine Garza is the Vice President of Business Development at Foresight, a company that provides insurance for safety-critical businesses. Their services allow companies to make risk management more accessible, especially with the first tech-based worker’s compensation program. Christine has 15 years of experience in insurance, starting as an underwriter for The Hartford in 2006. She obtained her BA in English at The University of Texas at San Antonio and her MA in Communications at the University of the Incarnate Word. Christine is also a Community Volunteer for the San Antonio Food Bank and a Fundraising Volunteer for the March of Dimes.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Christine joins us to discuss how the pandemic affected her career and how it inspired her to join Foresight. She describes the difference between working for legacy companies and startups, how she got her first job as an underwriter, and some of her career highlights and challenges she’s faced throughout her career. She describes what Foresight offers and how their platform allows companies to prevent accidents. She explains her responsibilities as VP of Business Development and how she guides the relationship between agents and brokers. Christine also shares how she kept a positive mindset in the last 12 months and her advice for switching careers.
What you’ll learn:
- Christine’s career path and her experience working as a rookie underwriter.
- The hurdles Christine had to jump over to get where she is today.
- How COVID-19 affected her and how she succeeded despite it.
- The cultural workplace differences in insurtech and legacy carriers.
- What Foresight is and the services they offer to clients.
- Why the user experience in their platform is different from the competition.
- What attracted Christine to work for Foresight?
- How Foresight can be used to prevent accidents in the first place.
- Christine’s motivation to start working in a startup environment.
- Christine’s role at Foresight and her key responsibilities.
- How Christine stayed positive despite the situation with the pandemic.
- You should always have a Plan B. You need to think 5-10 steps ahead, so if it doesn’t work out, you have a contingency plan.
- InsurTech teams are always leaner than their legacy counterparts.