Troy Korsgaden is the President of Korsgaden International, an insurance business development company that offers consultation and growth services for insurance carriers. He has over 30 years of experience in consulting and advising insurance and financial executives, brokers, agents, and team members. Troy is also an author of several books about success, agency management, and partnership, including Discussion Partner: A Radical Transformation to Unrivaled Service for Insurance Customers, Power Position Your Agency: A Guide to Insurance Agency Success, and Success and Sanity: Finding Balance, Peace and Purpose in a Pressure-Packed World.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Troy joins us today to share how he became one of the country’s leading insurance and financial consultants. He describes some of the challenges he experienced and how he managed to overcome them. He explains what a real insurance company should aspire to do when it comes to attracting and retaining customers and why he believes customers shouldn’t conform to what a carrier wants. Troy also discusses why he started writing books and highlights what each one is about.
What you’ll learn:
- Troy’s journey to success and how he got to where he is today.
- Some of the highs and lows of his career.
- The challenges he encountered that almost made him give up.
- His struggles with alcoholism and how he affected his business.
- Why customers shouldn’t conform to what carriers want.
- How to have a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Why fear is the hurdle many people can’t get over.
- The reason he started writing books.
- His thoughts on technology and personal coaching.
- What Troy wants newcomers to know about getting started in insurance.
- If you give people enough reasons, they’ll do anything.
- The worst time to figure out what type of insurance you have is at the time of a claim.