Christian Wiens is the Co-Founder and CEO of Getsafe Insurance, an Insurtech startup built specifically for the smartphone generation. Getsafe lets you manage everything related to your insurance in one app. Christian has always displayed an entrepreneurial spirit, having founded his own music school during his school days, and holds multiple degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Business Administration from TU Darmstadt.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
In this episode, Christian shares his passion for entrepreneurship and what led him to start an Insurtech company. He discusses the type of markets they work within Germany and how they structured their business around it. He explains what insurance will look like in the coming years and how companies should approach the younger generations. He also describes some of their business strategies particularly on how they do customer service.
What you’ll learn:
- When Christian decided to become part of the insurance industry.
- Some of the hurdles he’s encountered in his career.
- The systems that have to change to accommodate today’s clients.
- His inspiration in starting Getsafe and their first few months in business.
- Why their company focused on liability insurance.
- Differences that set Getsafe apart from the competition.
- What the market in Germany looks like.
- Their business model and how they attract the kind of market they have.
- Advantages and disadvantages of coming from outside the insurance industry.
- The regulatory landscape in Germany and how long it takes before you operate.
- How they make customer service better for their clients.
- Owning a business in any industry is like running a marathon.
- The insurance of tomorrow will look more like a companion than a contract.
- Young people should not be afraid to meet an agent or broker.