Sean Mulhern is an independent agent and the Co-Founder of GloveBox, an app designed to allow users universal access to all of their insurance documents regardless of carrier. More than just consumers, the app also helps agents and carriers increase client retention, reduce servicing costs, and boost brand visibility. Sean has extensive experience with customized insurance policies and building partnerships with mortgage brokers and real estate agents. He also has experience working with Apple as one of their brand specialists.
Sean joins us to explain how the GloveBox app works, the problems it seeks to eliminate, and why the insurance industry has yet to see anything like it. He shares where he found his passion for working in insurance and why he left Apple. He shares how the public’s demand for a convenient way to manage their documents paved the way for GloveBox. Sean also describes the agencies they want to work with for the beta testing period.
What you’ll learn:
- How Sean’s fondness for technology and insurance began.
- The major pitfalls they found in the insurance industry and how they addressed those gaps.
- What GloveBox is and how it works to streamline insurance products to customers.
- The client needs that drove them to start the company and work on the app.
- The initial feedback they received from their beta testing period.
- Being pressured to release their product and why they’re not in a hurry.
- The type of agencies they’re looking for to beta test their product.
- His advice for other insurance professionals just entering the industry.
- The likelihood that one carrier is your best bet for everything is just not likely.
- A lot of times, there is a disconnect in communication between the agent and the consumer.