Chester “Chet” Gladkowski is in charge of Customer Development at GoKnown, a company that describes itself as the next chapter in distributed ledger innovation and offers products and services that utilize blockchain technology. Chet is a recognized leader in insurance and IT, with extensive experience in providing strategic and practical insights. Some of his specialties include general technology trends, motivational topics, and insurance-related business and technology.
Chet joins us today to share how insurance companies should choose which tech to adapt into their organization. He describes how he found a career in insurance, how it changed his “boring” perspective of it, and why he considers it a noble industry. He explains what GoKnown can do and how they use blockchain to support their services. Chet also discusses why insurance companies will be at a turtle’s pace when it comes to choosing which new technology to use.
What you’ll learn:
- Chet’s journey, his extensive career, and why he didn’t become a teacher.
- The reason he joined the insurance industry.
- The funny story of why he wrote about Popeye’s and Insurtech.
- How companies should choose technologies to fit their market.
- Blockchain and how it became the talk of the insurance industry.
- What legacy blockchain is and why it’s not good for large companies.
- The problem with Bitcoin security and maintaining value.
- What the GoKnown company stands for and its focus.
- The benefits of working with their company and how they work with blockchain tech.
- Why the insurance industry specifically will take their time adapting to new technologies.
- Chet’s advice to those who are seeking gurus in the industry.
- Why insurance is one of the most noble industries to work with.
Connect with Chet
- In insurance, it’s all about people.
- There’s no legal tender associated with Bitcoin.
- Adopting technology can be a struggle and you will have bumps in the road.