Megan North is the Vice President of the AmWINS Group, the country’s largest distributor of specialty insurance products and services. With the current rise of cybercrimes and cybersecurity risks, Megan specializes in analyzing and providing cybersecurity solutions tailored to your organization’s needs. She earned her MBA at the University of Mississippi and is a Registered Professional Liability Underwriter.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Megan joins us to share the insurance solutions AmWINS provides for all things cyber. She describes why she pursued a career in insurance and discusses why cybercriminals prefer smaller businesses and how it can affect larger companies. She explains the meaning behind Silent Cyber and how it applies to your policies. Megan also shares how leaders can cultivate a culture of cybersecurity awareness.
What you’ll learn:
- The cyber side of insurance
- Why Megan pursued a career in insurance
- Why an insurance career opens a lot of networking opportunities
- The silent cyber challenges brokers face in the insurance industry
- Different types of laws signed due to cybersecurity risks
- What is Silent Cyber in insurance?
- Risks and liabilities of cybersecurity for small and large businesses
- How leaders can enforce a culture of cybersecurity within their organization
- What it takes to market a cybersecurity product
- How to guarantee your coverage is the best for clients
- Cybercriminals often attack low-hanging fruit or small businesses.
- Laws are continuously evolving to meet the demands of cybersecurity and risk.