Louis Cohn is the President of the Cohn Search Group, an executive job search provider and recruiting company based in Overland Park, Kansas. The company exclusively dedicates itself to the property and casualty insurance industry and has a robust clientele from the private and public sectors. Louis is considered one of the top ten nationally recognized property and casualty recruiters due to his business management expertise as well as his skills as a recruiter.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Louis joins us today to discuss what it’s like to run a recruiting company catered towards the insurance industry. He explains what employers put the most weight on when it comes to applicants, the questions interviewers usually ask, and the kind of information an aspiring recruit needs to understand during the interview. He also shares what’s trending in the industry as well as positions in dire need of filling.
What you’ll learn:
- How he got into the recruiting business.
- The biggest challenge with filling job openings within the property and casualty insurance industry.
- What’s trending right now in the insurance job market?
- The weight employers place on education, experience, and good personality.
- Why college degrees are now mandatory.
- The kind of information his company needs to help their clients.
- How they groom clients in handling interviews.
- Good openings in the insurance industry.
- His advice to older applicants.
- Insurance is an ever-changing field, especially today with technology and automation.
- All these underwriters know how to underwrite, but that’s only half the battle. It’s finding someone that fits within your company culture in a way that will drive business and growth for the organization that matters in hiring.
- Underwriters drive business within the organization. They need to be personable, but also analytical and the combination of those two are very hard to find.
Connect with Louis:
- (913) 402-1400