Jim Schubert is the CEO of Southern States Insurance, an independent insurance agency serving those in the Georgia and Florida region. He is the creator of Agents Growth Academy and host of the Agents Growth Academy podcast. The Agents Growth Academy is an online resource designed to help agents and agency owners take their growth to the next level. Jim is also an avid photographer specializing in landscape photography. He runs Schubert Photography, where he provides tools, articles, and videos on taking and editing photos, and which gear to buy.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Jim joins us to discuss his entrepreneurial spirit and why he started Agents Growth Academy. He shares his experience as a teacher and what led him to join the insurance industry. He explains the complexities behind acquisitions and culture, the five critical components of every organization, and the significance of upholding your company’s core values at all times. Jim also discusses the Entrepreneurial Operating System, what it’s about, and how he implements it in his agency.
What you’ll learn:
- Where Jim grew up and why he wanted to be a teacher
- Jim’s first days as a professional teacher and why he left the industry
- Why Jim chose to pursue a career in insurance
- How his father influenced Jim’s career decisions
- Jim’s initial responsibilities in his father’s agency
- Why acquisitions can be tricky when it comes to work culture
- Jim’s thoughts on the book Traction by Gino Wickman
- The five key components of every single organization
- What Jim believes is the problem with organizational charts
- What the Entrepreneurial Operating System is about
- How you can uphold accountability in your agency
- Hiring, retaining, and firing people based on core values
- What establishing core values has done for Jim’s agency
- The changes Jim enacted since he led the company
- What agents and agency owners can expect to receive from Jim’s AGA program
- You cannot grow to a level you want to grow with just some mediocre organization put in place.
- Defining core values can help you make more informed decisions more often.
- Everyone should be focused on positively reinforcing one another.
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Radical Candor
- Billy Potter
- Entrepreneurial Operating System
Connect with Jim:
- Southern States Insurance
- Schubert Photography
- Agents Growth Academy
- Agents Growth Academy Podcast
- Jim Schubert on LinkedIn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org