Hadi Radwan is a serial entrepreneur, venture builder, and insurtech expert. He is the co-founder of Asteya, an insurance company that aims to make income insurance accessible to everyone regardless of gender, income, or age. Hadi has over 15 years of experience in managing, creating, and developing growth strategies for start-ups and large organizations. As a venture builder, Hadi specializes in new market entry, multiple discipline leadership roles, growth hacking, and capital raising.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Hadi joins us to discuss why people should look into disability insurance more than they do life insurance. He explains statistics regarding work-related injuries and disabilities, and how it is different for men and women. He describes the right mindset when buying an insurance product and what he thinks the industry does backward. Hadi also shares where the name “Asteya” came from and what’s in store for their company in the future.
What you’ll learn:
- Hadi’s hobbies and his passion for biohacking
- Growing up in Lebanon and finding his way into insurance
- What Hadi noticed insurance does backwards
- Where the name of their company came from and what it means
- The right mindset to have when buying insurance
- Why people should be more worried about disability than death
- The insurance product people need more than life insurance
- What the stats suggest regarding work-related accidents and disabilities
- The difference between short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Why insurance for women is more expensive
- What’s in the pipeline for Asteya?
- Women have a 54% chance of being seriously ill or injured during their working years.
- The reason people don’t buy disability insurance is because they don’t know it exists.