Michael Konialian is the Vice President and General Manager at CoverWallet For Agents, a platform that allows agents to easily and efficiently quote, bind, and provide service to their customers. Some of his responsibilities include defining the product offering, managing sales and operations, and planning the strategic direction for the business unit. Before joining the insurance industry, Michael was a Foreign Affairs Officer for the US Department of State.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
In today’s episode, Michael shares what CoverWallet For Agents does and how the design is meant to be as user-friendly as possible. He describes his experience working as a researcher for NASA, his career in Foreign Affairs, and when he joined the insurance industry. He explains the benefits of using CoverWallet For Agents and how it streamlines policy recommendations and pricing. Michael also discusses the future of insurtech and the new technology he looks forward to seeing enter the insurance industry.
What you’ll learn:
- What Michael’s childhood was like and his dreams and aspirations.
- Why Michael wanted to be an astronaut and when he realized he couldn’t be one.
- Michael’s experience in NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory and as a Foreign Affairs Officer.
- How the last economic crisis shaped Michael’s career trajectory.
- What CoverWallet For Agents does and how their platform works.
- The tools CoverWallet For Agents that can help with pricing computations.
- Why their platform helps reduce the complexity of traditional insurance systems.
- How Michael optimized his learning curve when he entered the industry without an insurance background.
- The new tech Michael looks forward to in the future.
- How CoverWallet For Agents fared throughout the pandemic.
- Technologies in the future will be all about optimizing the user interface and a system’s ease of use.
- The pandemic has brought about new ideas and innovations that will be pandemic-proof.