Jeff Radke is the Co-Founder and CEO of Accelerant, an insurance carrier that works exclusively with MGAs and Program Administrators. The company differentiates itself with what they refer to as aggressive transparency in each step of the process. Jeff has over 30 years of experience working in the insurance and reinsurance spaces and has held various C-suite positions across five international markets. Before co-founding Accelerant, he worked with Argo Group International Holdings for over ten years, holding the position of Group Head of Strategic Initiatives for the last two.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Jeff joins us to describe what makes Accelerant unique from other carriers and what having aggressive transparency means. He shares what he learned as an intern at Guy Carpenter and how those lessons and experiences led him to where he is today. He explains Accelerant’s focus market and why they specifically cater to niche needs. Jeff also discusses his thoughts on data, the future of insurtech, and why their ideal member is a man named Stan.
What you’ll learn:
- Jeff’s childhood, his favorite hobbies, and how he found a career in insurance
- What Jeff learned from interning at Guy Carpenter
- Why Jeff liked working in the reinsurance industry
- The niche businesses they serve
- What Accelerant is and why they specialize in niche categories
- How technology paved the way for their existing business model
- Where the name “Accelerant” came from
- What Jeff believes will be the future of insurtech
- Why insurance is more expensive than it needs to be
- Jeff’s thoughts on the underutilization of data
- Who their ideal member is and why it’s named Stan
- It’s not okay for the data to be buried and rendered unusable.
- Lack of data transparency indirectly makes insurance expensive.
Connect with Jeff:
- Phone: (210) 452-0249