Kirt Linington, Neil Palmer, and Tony Taveras are part of the team that composes Linear Roofing. Linear Roofing is a roofing contractor company that provides inspection, repair, restoration, and replacement services that specializes in multiple types of properties over the Texas area. Kirt specializes in claim restoration. Neil has over 15 years of roofing experience and is a HAAG Certified Inspector. Tony is the vice president of Sales.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Today, Kirt, Neil, and Tony join us to discuss the ins and outs of the roofing industry and describe what sets them apart from other roofers. They share their journey, the challenges they endured growing up, and how they met and formed Linear Roofing. They explain how roofing and insurance tie together and how they manage their team. They also offer wonderful advice for those who are just entering the professional arena.
What you’ll learn:
- Neal’s backstory, how his family reacted to his profession, and how he started his roofing business.
- Kirt’s journey all the way from South Africa to where he is today.
- Tony’s dreams when he was a kid and the challenges he faced growing up.
- Why Tony never gravitated to joining the family business.
- Kirt’s back problems, initial meeting with Neal, and why they decided to form Linear.
- The factors that allowed Tony to work with Kirt and Neal.
- The business model and culture that led their company to success.
- What sets their company apart from the competition.
- The numbers they want to achieve this year and how they plan on getting them.
- Ensuring the team is trained according to the right standards.
- Utilizing social media to increase marketing and staying up to date with regulatory changes.
- Their views on solar roofs and other projects they are interested in.
- Their advice to those just starting a professional career.
- One of the hardest things to do is start a business while working at a place you love.
- Nothing is ever given, only earned.
- The work ethic, or what you’re doing behind closed doors, is what determines your success.
Connect with our Guests