Sahar Ismail is the CEO of Legacy Armour, an AI-powered platform designed to protect your assets and guarantee an efficient transfer to recipients should an unfortunate life event happen. SaI Sofia is the CEO of IQS, an insurance company with over 30 years of experience in life, disability, and property insurance among other services. Sahar drew inspiration in founding the company from an unfortunate life experience while SaI helps her platform to thrive in the insurance industry.
In this episode, Sahar and SaI discuss the importance of estate planning. They describe some of the benefits of planning ahead and cite real-world scenarios of what happens when people don’t prepare their wills and trusts. They also explain how Legacy Armour works and how it guarantees a smooth transition of assets as well as share great advice to newcomers in the insurance industry.
What you’ll learn:
- Sal and Sahar’s career background and how they started working in the insurance industry.
- Real-world scenarios where proper estate planning would have helped.
- How people can learn from Gerald Cotten’s death.
- How their platform works and helps clients with their succession plan.
- What Zero-Knowledge Encryption is and why it’s difficult to implement.
- Why working with an advisor is critical in estate planning.
- The type of assets you can leave for your loved ones.
- Their inspiration in starting Legacy Armour.
- What’s in store for their company in the next few months?
- Their advice to newcomers in the insurance industry.
- When a person starts doing the things they really need to be doing, it frees them to do more of the right thing and to do better things in their lives.
Connect with our Guests
- Gerald Cotten’s death
- National Association of Realtors
- InsureTech Connect 2019
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin