Luann Petrellis is an insurance professional that provides advice and consultation services for insurance restructuring and runoff transactions for every type of business. She has over 20 years of experience working in executive positions for global insurance and reinsurance companies such as Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., and White Mountains Insurance Group. Luann earned her J.D. from Temple University and has been named the 2018 Person of the Year by AIRROC.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Luann joins us to discuss the importance of insurance restructuring in the industry. She shares the lessons she learned while traveling the world and why she chose to become a lawyer. She describes how restructuring can help insurance businesses move forward with new management and the improvements that have been made in the industry in recent years. Luann also shares advice for those who may want to follow in her footsteps.
What you’ll learn:
- What her life was like during her childhood and why she became a lawyer.
- How traveling all over the world molded her and the lessons she’s learned along the way.
- Where she found her passion for working in the insurance industry.
- The tool that helps companies sell books of business.
- Why she thought the US insurance market was inefficient when she arrived.
- The changes that took effect once the industry received a better education.
- Her plan to get her message heard in Puerto Rico.
- The advice she would give to those who want to enter the industry.
- You learn a lot by traveling alone because you need to engage with people who may not know your language.
- The pay is sweeter when you enjoy the grind to get there