Patricia Renzi is the Principal and CEO of Milliman, a company that provides actuarial and related products and services. As a company, they work with different clients to improve healthcare systems, improve risk management, and innovate financial security. Patricia is an experienced insurance professional with skills dedicated to actuarial technology solutions. She has been with the company for over 20 years and has served on the firm’s board of directors from 2015 to 2018.
Patricia joins us to share why she decided to join the insurance industry and what led her to work with Milliman. She shares the company’s current focus and long-term goals, the different products and services they offer that set them apart from other actuarial consulting firms, and how digital technology plays a role in expanding actuary opportunities. She also discusses the points of interest that insurance companies need to address and shares tips and advice for those who want to become part of the industry.
What you’ll learn:
- A snapshot of Patricia’s life before she joined the insurance industry.
- How Patricia overcame the tragedies she experienced growing up.
- What sets Milliman apart from the competition.
- The new technologies they deployed that make the work of actuaries easier.
- How they are managing user data and where it goes.
- Digital transformation and how it is key for expanding actuary opportunities.
- Why Patricia is passionate about promoting diversity in organizations.
- Critical areas where many insurance companies need to pay attention to.
- Patricia’s advice to someone who’s just entering the industry.
- Insurers talk to people twice: When they sell you a policy and during the worst day of people’s lives.
- The more we know about a particular customer, the more we can advise them better on how insurance can help them at this stage of their life.