Anson Ross Thompson and his partner Jenny Dils Durr are the owners of The Thompson Group, an independent insurance agency that works with the industry’s leading carriers such as Westfield Insurance Company, Motorists Mutual Insurance, and Society Insurance. Their company prides itself on being a progressive insurance agency with programs that cater to their clients’ home, auto, health, and business needs. No fans of formal business titles, Anson and Jenny call themselves the Insurance Ninja and Insurance Queen respectively.
In this episode, Anson and Jenny share their life before they got into the business of insurance and how they both grew the company as business partners and as a couple. Anson describes how he managed the company by himself for fifteen years and why he decided to merge it with Jenny’s own company. Jenny explains why they don’t provide quotes for their clients as well as provides solid pieces of advice for those thinking of starting a career in insurance.
What you’ll learn:
- Anson’s academic background and journey into the insurance industry.
- How he grew his company for the first 15 years.
- Why Anson and Jenny merged their company.
- How Jenny entered the insurance world.
- Challenges they both faced when working with each other.
- The story behind their company titles.
- Why they refuse to quote.
- How sometimes the prospect might not be a good fit.
- Why being old fashioned can be a good way to manage a business.
- What you need to understand as a business owner.
- The future of their company.
- The first meeting is the most important meeting.
- The way you approach your business will determine whether you will succeed or not.
Connect with Anson & Jenny:
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand