Aaron Mikulsky is the CEO of Love 2 Lead Consulting Services, a business that supports industry leaders in being more effective in their roles while having a more fulfilling career. He is the author of the book L.O.V.E. 2 Lead: A Journey of Self-Reflection, Significance, and Servant Leadership, where he writes about servant leadership and why it’s the only authentic leadership. Aaron also serves as one of the Board of Directors of the HOPE Matters Foundation, a charitable organization based in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Aaron joins us to discuss what a true leader is, what they represent, and how to be more effective at leading. He explains why servant leadership is true leadership and the difference between character and reputation. He explains the three C’s he keeps at the forefront when building a business and what working in different roles has taught him about leadership. He describes the inspiration behind his new book and the lessons readers can expect to learn. Aaron also discusses the big problem in Corporate America today regarding coaches and leadership.
What you’ll learn:
- Aaron’s favorite sports in high school
- What Aaron’s teachers did that inspired him to do well in school
- How Aaron entered the insurance industry
- What it’s like leading a publicly-traded company
- The three C’s Aaron always thinks about when building a business
- Aaron’s experience working in different roles that taught him leadership skills
- Aaron’s advice for young professionals on getting exposure
- The difference between character and reputation
- How diversity and inclusion factor into leadership culture
- The colossal failure in Corporate America today
- Leaders will be scrutinized whether they’re running a startup or a Fortune 500 company.
- Building culture is integral to achieving a harmonious working atmosphere.
- Leaders should ask to be coached as much as possible if they want to move higher.
Connect with Aaron:
- Love 2 Lead Consulting Services
- Aaron Mikulsky on LinkedIn
- Email: email@example.com
- Book: L.O.V.E. 2 Lead: A Journey of Self-Reflection, Significance, and Servant Leadership