Stefanie Cantu has been with Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA) for almost ten years and is currently their Licensing and Compliance Supervisor. She is the go-to person when it comes to complex questions regarding compliance. When she’s not working, Stefanie takes on the joys and challenges of being a mother to two sons. She also hosts events to support those who need financial aid within her community and participates in women’s support groups.
In this episode, Stefanie shares her experiences while working with ILSA and her various day-to-day activities. She recalls the first day she walked through the office and compares herself at that time to the professional she has evolved into today. She describes the many challenges she faced in the ten years she’s been with the company as well as the various solutions she found for each one. Finally, Stefanie explains in-depth the various technicalities regarding getting licensed in all states.
What you’ll learn:
- Her career in ILSA, how it began, and what’s it like today.
- The challenges she’s faced in her career.
- How much does it cost to get an individual licensed in all states?
- The importance of the Producer Database (PDB).
- The difference between data found in a PDB and what the clients know.
- The earliest you can expect to start getting a new license.
- The last license that gets issued and the 10 states that get delayed.
- Her advice to someone planning to enter the insurance industry
- The biggest challenge is adapting to adversity. It’s all about determination and giving yourself that opportunity to learn.