Sabine VanderLinden is the CEO of Startupbootcamp. Startupbootcamp is a company founded to support early-stage tech companies through various programs that connect them to mentors, partners, and investors. Sabine has a proven track record in developing business strategies that connect the customer, market, and different technologies together. She is a renowned expert in insurance, distribution strategies, business model design, and operational transformation among others.
Today, Sabine joins us to discuss her passion for supporting industrial innovation and how Startupbootcamp aims to achieve it. She shares what led her to her current career path, the many challenges she encountered, and the lessons she learned from them. She describes how their programs work, their startup criteria, as well as discusses some of the companies they have supported. Sabine also explains why European markets are much more conservative when it comes to risk compared to the US.
What you’ll learn:
- The challenges she encountered on the way to starting her company.
- The experiences that inspired her to be in the insurance industry.
- Keeping yourself updated with the changing times.
- Why she decided to work with insurtech startups.
- The reasons why a lot of startups fail and what she learned from these companies.
- The programs they offer and some of the startups they helped.
- Comparing the markets between the US and Europe.
- What the industry means when they say they need to innovate.
- The difference between digital innovation and digital transformation.
- How their business works and the goals they set for themselves.
- Their criteria for working with potential startups.
- The most common weaknesses she sees in startups.
Connect with Sabine
- Startups need to design for customers, but first, they have to know who their customers are.
- Many insurers are looking at ways to see how to satisfy the changing customers.