Teri Berschneider is the Director of Operations for NIC Insurance Filings, a digital solutions and payments company that partners with the government to make it more accessible. Teri has over 15 years of experience handling cybersecurity and enterprise-level IT projects of varying duration and sizes in both federal and state government sectors. She specializes in project management, cross-functional team management, and risk management.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Teri joins us today to discuss NIC’s goal to become the go-to solutions firm for governmental data exchange. She describes her life in Hawaii and Montana and how hunting shaped her worldview. She explains what NIC is, its services, and its plan to make the government more accessible. She shares how NIC prevents fraud and protects clients from cybersecurity breaches. Teri also divulges how the pandemic affected the company and how they adjusted.
What you’ll learn:
- The downsides of living in paradise
- Teri’s dreams as a kid in Montana
- What hunting taught Teri as a child
- How Teri joined NIC and her role as the Director of Operations
- What NIC and NIC Insurance Filings are
- How they recoup their investments
- Why they only work directly with insurance carriers
- The time needed to determine if a carrier is legitimate
- How the pandemic changed their business methods
- Most cybersecurity attacks happen through email.
- The only way to prevent fraud is by getting data directly from the source.