Manish Bhatt is the CEO & Co-Founder of Plum Life, an insurance company that aims to simplify insurance management and policy selling through its all-digital platform. Plum Life proudly describes its platform as designed to replicate an advisor’s personal attention and service. With over 25 years of experience, Manish has found his way into various leadership roles across the insurance industry, leading up to the founding of Plum Life in October 2020.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Manish joins us to describe how Plum Life will disrupt the insurance industry through its advisor-like platform. He shares what it was like to grow up as a first-generation Indian immigrant and why he preferred a business career over a medical one. He explains the importance of advisors in the insurance industry. He discusses how Plum Life works and the pain points it solves. Manish also describes how the pandemic changed the way clients buy insurance and other policies.
What you’ll learn:
- Why Manish pursued a career in insurance and his interest in business
- What life was like being a first-generation Indian immigrant
- Why Manish didn’t like the idea of being a doctor
- What agents should do to stay relevant
- Sales pressure and getting a client excited about insurance
- What Plum Life does differently from its competition
- The pain points their company solves for clients and advisors
- Why they tried to sell insurance at Walmart
- How the pandemic changed the insurance buyer’s experience
- The projects Plum Life will use with the money they’ve raised
- The insurance industry is a relationship business.
- Insurance is for everybody to have regardless, of financial status.
- Advisors are at the center of the insurance process.