Stan G. Haithcock is more popularly known as Stan The Annuity Man. He is one of the country’s top tier independent annuity agents and is considered an expert in his field. His best traits include his commitment to transparency, honesty, and endless passion for research. He has spoken at every major financial trade show in the U.S. and has appeared on numerous TV and radio shows. Because of his outspoken and brutally honest persona, Stan has come to accept another moniker given to him by his many fans: The Walking Middle Finger of Annuity Truth.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
In this episode, Stan explains the importance of annuities in the context of both the buyer and the seller. He dives in on what buyers should look out for and what not to be hyped about. He also talks about the different factors on needing an annuity and why sellers should always sell the steak, not the sizzle.
What you’ll learn:
- Why annuities are important and why advisors and agents should focus more on this category.
- The various types of annuities and what the “PILL” acronym means.
- How do you know if you need an annuity?
- Is the gap between the number of licensed advisors and the number of people looking to purchase annuities real?
- His insight into the current regulatory environment and the factors influencing the environment.
- The questions you should ask yourself if you want to buy an annuity.
- What “All steak, no sizzle” means when buying and selling annuities.
- Tips on buying and selling annuities.
- Most annuity carriers would love to get rid of the agents.
- Advisors underestimate people’s want and need for contractual guarantees. People need an income floor.
Connect with Stan:
- The Annuity Stanifesto
- QLAC Owner’s Manual
- FIA – Fixed Index Annuity Owner’s Manual
- SPIA Owner’s Manual
- Income Rider Owner’s Manual
- MYGA Owner’s Manual
- DIA – Deferred Income / Longevity Annuity Owner’s Manual