Matthew “Matt” Bruno is the Chief Operating Officer at ReSource Pro, a staffing company that caters specifically to organizations in the insurance industry. Their main office is in New York, but they have satellite offices in India and China. As Chief Operating Officer, Matt directs, coordinates, and administers the company’s operations and activities globally. Matt specializes in developing business strategies, financial forecasts, and creating innovative products and services. Before he started ReSource Pro, Matt was a successful English teacher in China.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Matt joins us today to discuss what ReSource Pro can do for small and large businesses in the insurance industry. He describes how the pandemic affected their operations, and how their office and team in China coped with the lockdowns and need for PPEs. He shares why he decided to move to China, what it was like being an English teacher on the other side of the world, and why he started ReSource Pro. Matt also explains the struggles of running a staffing business amidst COVID-19 and describes what we can expect from ReSource Pro in the near future.
What you’ll learn:
- Matt’s childhood and where his passion for entrepreneurship started
- How Matt started working in the insurance industry
- Matt’s experience with teaching English in China
- What inspired Matt to start ReSource Pro
- How prepared Matt’s team was during the first few months of the pandemic
- Acquiring PPEs and facemasks for their China staff
- The challenging part about getting extra computers for a work-from-home setup
- How COVID-19 impacted Matt’s business going forward
- ReSource Pro’s services and how they help clients sort through organizational messes
- Types of organizations ReSource Pro are able to assist
- The benefits of being an easy-to-audit organization
- What makes ReSource Pro a unique and award-winning business
- The cultural changes Matt had to adjust when he went to China for the first time
- What’s in store for ReSource Pro in the near future?
- Making sure people know what their role and responsibilities are is important.
- Even though you have a standard document system, every account manager is putting things in different places. So, their audits are often chaotic.