Robert Cartwright, Jr. is the Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council of Risk and Insurance Management Society, or RIMS. RIMS connects risk professionals from all over the world on one platform to discuss and provide education on everything involved in risk management. He is also currently the Division Manager of Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability at Bridgestone, an industry giant in the automobile industry known for selling quality tires.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Today, Robert joins us to share his success story, the challenges he’s faced throughout his journey, and how he arrived at where he is today. He describes what it’s like working for Bridgestone and his role there, and what he enacted as the president of RIMS. He also defines risk management, why it’s more than just solving company problems, and how it benefits any company to hire a risk manager.
What you’ll learn:
- His very successful career and how it all started.
- The work ethic he possessed before the ‘age of information.’
- His philosophy around risk management and how he solves problems.
- What his career initially was like at Bridgestone and his role today.
- How finding the root cause can help reduce risks and increase profits.
- Risk management from years past and what risk management is today.
- Why diversity and inclusion are more than just the color of your skin.
- How he wants to push systems that are sustainable when it comes to leading a company.
- His tips for newcomers in the insurance industry.
- The benefits of hiring a risk manager.
- There’s nothing you can’t do if you put your mind to it.
- You’ve got to know where you come from to know where you’re going.
- When getting into the insurance industry, if you don’t have the why, the what doesn’t matter.