Ep. 47: Exploring The Securities & Insurance Licensing Association (SILA)
Diana Capes is the Executive Director of Securities & Insurance Licensing Association (SILA). Established in 1990, SILA is an organization that serves to bring licensing experts together whose careers are geared towards all aspects of securities registration and insurance licensing. Diana has over 36 years’ experience in the insurance industry and is responsible for helping the company achieve its goals through various perspectives and ideas she has accumulated over the years.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
In this episode, Diana Capes shares SILA’s history and why it was founded. She describes the various SILA committees that members can join. Listen and learn about all the educational and networking opportunities. Diana also shares her thoughts on the current state of the industry and what it means for those who may want to be a part of it in the future.
“Jobs, training, and career advancements are only good if they offer those types of excitement for the younger generation coming onboard.”Diana Capes
What you’ll learn:
- How did SILA start?
- The benefits of joining SILA.
- How does SILA connect people professionally in the industry?
- What kind of certifications and designations can you look forward to attaining?
- How does SILA attract younger people?
- How do you reap the benefits of being a SILA member?
- We should strive to grow the young individual not just with information, but experience within the insurance industry.
- Both young and old agents should always strive to grow with the industry they’re in.
Connect with Diana:
- (800) 428-8329