Paul Smith is one of the world’s leading experts on organizational storytelling. He has worked with Accenture and Procter & Gamble in the past, lending them his expertise on communications. Currently, Paul is a keynote speaker, storytelling coach, and is the best-selling author of the books Lead with a Story, Sell with a Story, and Parenting with a Story.
Paul graced us with his presence to share his expert insights as he dissects the link between great storytelling and selling, which he discussed in depth in his best-seller book Sell with a Story. The book deep-dives on the elements of awesome storytelling to capture attention, build trust, and closing the sale.
What you’ll learn:
- What the term story really means based on its elements.
- What is a sales story, and the difference between a sales pitch and a sales story.
- How the story behind a photo of a pig in the ocean compelled him to buy that artwork.
- The three components that separate a great sales story from the average ones.
- Choosing the right story to tell through an eight-point checklist in the story structure.
- The three places to look for stories worth telling.
- How to effectively tell stories using data and numbers.
- Learning how to tell stories that can help with selling.
- Facts embedded in stories are easier to remember.
- Effective story-telling influences decision-making.
- Begin with the end in mind.
- Tap through moments of success, failure, and epiphany for greater impact.
- Numbers and data can be interesting stories by sharing the journey to discovery with your audience.
- Storytelling can be learned with proper guidance, tools, and practice.