Taylor Teague Jones is the Business Development Director at Questpro, an insurance and risk management staffing company, with extensive experience in commercial insurance and college recruitment. She started her career as a regional recruiter for the University of Kansas – her alma mater. Her journey in the insurance industry began when she worked for a large insurance broker, handling campus and corporate recruitment projects.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Taylor joins us today to share the best and worst practices when it comes to job interviews. She discusses the importance of knowing not just the company, but also some of their core team members. She describes what her journey was like and how recruitment led her to be part of the insurance industry. Taylor also explains why you should check your own social media presence before submitting a resume.
“When you show up, and you know who they are and you apply that in your interview, it’s an integral piece of having a dynamic conversation with your interviewer.”Taylor Teague Jones
What you’ll learn:
- What Taylor’s journey was like and how she became part of the insurance industry.
- Her career in teaching and how she transitioned to recruitment.
- The type of people she’s recruited and their different educational backgrounds.
- How to best attract the youth when it comes to opportunities in the industry.
- The top reasons why an employer would select a candidate.
- Best practices for those who are going to be interviewed by a recruiter.
- What you should not do during the interview.
- How social media affects your hiring chances.
- The best ways to reach introverts with potential.
- Saying yes to new and exciting opportunities are key to people new to the industry.
- Knowing who your interviewer is and their job is just as important as the company you’re applying for.