Marcus Flesher is the Agency Development Director at Pacific Crest, a company that serves insurance agents and supports them in building their independent agencies. Their company grants agents access to carriers, higher commission, and book ownership of their business. His responsibilities include filtering new members, training agents into becoming truly independent professionals, and creating business strategies that complement new technologies.
Marcus joins us to share how he and Pacific Crest help agents grow in the insurance industry. He shares his backstory, how he became part of Pacific Crest, and the advantages of joining an alliance. He describes some of the factors agents look for in alliances as well as what alliances look for in new members. He also explains his definition of an independent agent as well as shares his advice for newcomers in the insurance industry.
What you’ll learn:
- How he got started in the insurance industry.
- His professional background, his business ventures, and the challenges he faced.
- Why agencies consider joining alliances and their advantages.
- Factors agencies consider when choosing an alliance to join.
- How Pacific Crest started and what sets them apart from other alliances.
- His take on how to be a truly independent agent.
- The difference between equitable ownership and true legal ownership.
- What they look for when filtering new agents.
- You have to hustle. You cannot make excuses if you want to be successful.
- Grab on to every piece of technology and develop your company strategy around technology