Andrew Yeoman is the Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder of Concirrus, an insurance software company based in London that provides a platform that empowers underwriters and brokers with insights and rating factors through AI. The platform works primarily by interpreting behavioral data from predictive models, which can outperform traditional risk assessment and underwriting techniques. Before co-founding Concirrus, Andrew held executive positions in various software companies, including Kudo Insurance.
This episode is brought to you by:
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.
Andrew joins us to discuss how their platform provides more accurate insight into risks and utilizes behavioral data. He explains why behavior is the best indicator of risk, how climate change can affect it, and its various outcomes. He describes what led to the founding of Concirrus and the pain points they wish to address. Andrew also discusses the need for algorithms to help sort through important data and shares what’s next in the pipeline for their company.
What you’ll learn:
- Andrew’s life as a child in West London, his passion for golf and entrepreneurship
- Why it was bad luck when Andrew wound up in insurance
- How their AI works with fleet behaviors to predict claims
- Why behavior is the best indicator of risk
- Rising natural disasters, climate change, and how it affects behaviors and outcomes
- Being overwhelmed with data and needing algorithms to help sort the important ones
- Andrew’s ideal carrier and their pain points.
- What’s next for Concirrus?
- 90% of the world’s risks are uninsured right now.
- We live in an age where we’re simply overwhelmed with data.